Since inception in 2009, Green Canopy’s mission has been to “inspire resource efficiency in residential markets” with an initial focus on Seattle that has since expanded to Portland. The Company’s investment opportunities align with the industry’s standard definition for impact investing and intentionality. Green Canopy is intentionally working to address these related challenges:
1. Climate Change and Contribution of the Built Environment: The design of cities – how we use our land, design our buildings, get around – significantly impacts the amount of energy we use and greenhouse gas emissions we produce.
2. Preservation of the Pacific Northwest: Our Pacific Northwest identity is interwoven with our farms, forests, wild lands, and salmon streams.
3. Today’s Housing Crisis of Access and Affordability: Green Canopy provides a market-driven, innovative and propriety approach to infill homebuilding, which is aligned around three strategic goals:
1. Transform the real estate market whereby highly resource-efficient housing is demanded and rewarded. Becoming a market-based leader that offers Net Zero Energy housing will help make a measurable difference further and faster.
2. Utilize our available buildable land as efficiently as possible to prevent the negative impacts of urban and suburban sprawl. By increasing density, Green Canopy helps limit urban sprawl into our farms, forest, wild lands and salmon streams while increasing access to urban schools, parks, and amenities at a lower price-point than any other existing properties.
3. Increase affordability and accessibility of highly resource-efficient homes. Green Canopy’s innovative program with the Washington State Housing Finance Commission has allowed the Company to sell 15% of its total portfolio at affordable and accessible prices.
THE GREEN CANOPY DIFFERENCE
Green Canopy has created a business ecosystem that is different and better than what traditional home building has had to offer in the past.
1. Community Meetings: We engage, rather than avoid, our neighbors before acquisition on every project and invite them to fill out our design survey.
2. Deconstruction: The Company works with groups like Ballard Reuse and 118 Design to selectively harvest reusable materials from existing homes.
3. Stakeholder Engagement: Green Canopy is committed to engaging all of our stakeholders including, Real Estate Agents, Subcontractors, Investors, lenders, neighbors, and homeowners.
For more information, please email Andy Wolverton at email@example.com
*This is for informational purposes and not solicitation.